A smile can be the first thing a person notices about you. If you are not confident with your smile, the dentists at Smile Dental Clinics can work with you to determine what dental care and procedures would work best to improve your smile and boost your self-confidence.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with us, please fill out the form to the right. You can fill out the form and submit it to our office. A scheduling coordinator will contact you to confirm this appointment. Otherwise, you can call Smile Dental Clinics directly at (602) 832-7259. If you are calling after office hours, please leave a message and a scheduling coordinator will call you back to set up an appointment.
The dentists at Smile Dental Clinics recommend following these steps for effective daily oral health care. Tooth brushing and flossing help control plaque and bacteria that both cause dental disease.
Tooth Brushing: Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is recommended for everyone. It is especially important to brush your teeth right before going to bed. The toothbrush you use should be ADA approved with soft bristles. Electronic toothbrushes are also recommended because they are easy to use and effectively remove plaque.
Flossing: Daily flossing is the most effective way to clean your teeth as well as the areas under your gumline. Flossing at least once a day helps prevent the growth of plaque colonies, making it harder for the plaque to damage your gums, teeth, and bone.
Depending on your dental care history, your dentist or hygienist may recommend another daily dental care routine.
Smile Dental Clinics recommends you schedule a dental exam and cleaning appointment at least twice a year. Your dentist or dental hygienist may recommend more frequent visits.
Regularly scheduled dental exams help prevent dental problems that could come up in the future and maintain your overall dental health. The dentists and dental hygienists also check and monitor other dental issues, including the following:
- Medical history
- Previous diagnostic x-ray examination
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum disease evaluation
- Examination of existing dental work and tooth decay
- Removal of tartar and plaque
- Oral hygiene recommendations
There are several methods available for patients to use in order to acquire a whiter, brighter smile. It is crucial to have your dentist evaluate your teeth to determine which whitening procedure would most benefit your smile.
The following are the two most widely used teeth whitening systems:
- In Home Teeth Whitening: Most at-home teeth whitening systems come in a gel form that is put into a custom-fitted mouth guard (also known as a tray) that is molded to the shape of your teeth. The gel-filled trays can be worn overnight while you sleep or during the day. The amount of time the trays are required to remain in your mouth depends, although typically, trays are worn twice a day for around 30 minutes each session. This type of whitening procedure can take several weeks before you see results.
- In Office Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening performed at a dentist office may require more than one visit, each lasting anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. You will instantly see results with this type of procedure. The bleaching solution used by the dentist is applied to your teeth, and your gums are completely protected. Some patients experience tooth sensitivity after having their teeth bleached in a dental office, but this typically wears off within a few days.