The Do’s And Don’t Of Invisalign® Treatment
Are you interested in learning more about Invisalign® or are you ready to start treatment? If you are unfamiliar, Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligner trays to slowly transition teeth into the correct placement. At Smile Dental Clinics, many of our patients love this orthodontic treatment for the variety of benefits it offers. Patients enjoy having no food restrictions and being able to remove the trays as needed. As with any treatment we offer, there are certain things you should and should not do during Invisalign treatment.
- One of the most important rules to follow during treatment is to leave your trays in your mouth unless you are eating, drinking, or cleaning your teeth. Be sure to wear the trays for the recommended 22 hours a day. Not following these rules will prolong your Invisalign treatment, and the process may not be what you expect.
- We also recommend placing your aligners properly in your mouth and removing them the way we demonstrated.
- Clean the aligners every day.
- Be sure to follow the correct numerical order when switching to another set of trays.
- Absolutely do not place your aligner trays on a napkin or paper towel after you’ve taken them out. You’re likely to end up accidentally throwing them out. We cannot stress enough how important it is to put your Invisalign trays in a case or safe place when they are not in use.
- Avoid putting your aligner trays where pets can reach them because they can easily become chew toys, which could also be dangerous for your pet.
- Do not chew gum or smoke while wearing your aligners.
- Do not use boiling or hot water to clean your aligners.
If you or a loved one should lose a set of Invisalign trays, be sure to contact our office as soon as possible. We need to get you a replacement immediately to ensure your teeth continue on the proper track in the transition process.
If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign or have additional questions, be sure to contact our office located in Phoenix, AZ to schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you on your journey to straight teeth.